Take the waste out of green waste.
Country Garden Farms is a proud member of the US Composting Council. We work hard to provide you with the best quality compost at a competitive price. Call us today to learn more about our compost services and how we can help your garden grow!
Call us at 745-0800 to make an order.
Pick up at our Palmer farm:
$85 per 1 cubic yard
Available for pick up in bags, 1 cubic yard each.
We would also be happy to fill a truck load for you.
Delivery prices are determined by quantity and location: please contact us for a quote.
How it’s made: from your neighbor’s farm, to our farm, to your garden!
Country Garden Farms works to utilize local resources to transform one man’s garbage into another man’s garden necessity!
Our composting program links horse owners with Alaskan farmers and gardeners who need their valuable compost. Our manure exchange program (read more here), serves customers who need a place to dispose of their waste and also provides a great base product for our compost. Grass clippings, brush trimmings, and other organic materials from around the farm make their way into the compost adding rich nutrients and creates a good recipe for great compost. Every bag of Country Garden Farms compost helps to improve water quality, reduce our dependence on Outside fertilizer for Alaska Grown crops, and prevent the spread of invasive species.
Take a look here to see what the screening process really looks like.
Our compost is primarily composed of horse manure, grass clippings, brush trimmings, and other organic materials and you can rest assured knowing that our compost is USCC tested.
To read more about the specifics click the following link to view an analysis report of Country Garden Farms compost: 2015 CGF Compost Report-01
SOD FARM – 14863 East Outer Springer Loop in Palmer – 907-745-0800
Open: By appointment, please call
Directions: Do not turn on Outer Springer Loop from the Glenn Highway. Do turn east from the Glenn Highway on Inner Springer Loop, and you’ll find our farm about 2 miles on the left.
All delivery prices are determined by quantity and location: please contact us for a quote.
VERIFIED COMPOST BENEFITS
12 reasons why you should start using compost today:
- Improves soil structure and porosity – creating a better plant root environment
- Increases moisture infiltration and permeability, and reduces bulk density of heavy soils – improving moisture infiltration rates and reducing erosion and runoff
- Improves the moisture holding capacity of light soils – reducing water loss and nutrient leaching, and improving moisture retention
- Improves the cation exchange capacity (CEC) of soils
- Supplies organic matter
- Aids the proliferation of soil microbes
- Supplies beneficial microorganisms to soils and growing media
- Encourages vigorous root growth
- Allows plants to more effectively utilize nutrients, while reducing nutrient loss by leaching
- Enables soils to retain nutrients longer
- Contains humus – assisting in soil aggregation and making nutrients more available for plant uptake
- Buffers soil pH
*Compost product claims prepared for the US Composting Council. See attached source here: verified compost benefits